Kevin Trost has over 20 years of experience representing individuals, financial institutions, businesses, and insurers throughout the state and federal court systems.
He has extensive experience handling disputes arising from residential real estate transactions. He frequently addresses claims that sellers of residential real estate failed to disclose defects during the transactions. In this context, he repeatedly represents and advises home buyers, sellers, contractors, and insurers regarding legal issues related to problems such as water damage, structural defects, and vermin infestations.
Attorney Trost is well versed in civil litigation matters, especially those involving contracts, creditor’s rights, and the defense of claims under the FDCPA, FCRA, TCPA, and Wisconsin Consumer Act. He also negotiates multi-party contracts on behalf of companies in the financial services and biotechnology fields.
Attorney Trost frequently represents insurance companies in first and third party litigation matters. He has significant experience addressing products liability, contract, and toxic tort issues. He also represents insurers in first party property coverage matters involving fraud and arson.
Kevin Trost has served as first chair trial counsel in over twenty lawsuits and has tried cases lasting from a single day to multiple weeks.
ADMITTED TO PRACTICE LAW IN:
- State Courts of Wisconsin
- State Courts of Michigan
- Federal Courts for the Eastern and Western Districts of Wisconsin
- Federal Courts for the Eastern and Western Districts of Michigan
- The United States Court of Appeals for the Seventh Circuit
- J.D., University of Wisconsin-Madison Law School
- B.A., cum laude, Washington University
- Member, State Bar of Wisconsin
- Member, State Bar of Michigan
- Member, American Bar Association
- Member, Dane County Bar Association
- Member, Wisconsin Defense Counsel
- Former Board Member, Wisconsin Collectors Association
- Legislative Committee, Great Lakes Credit and Collection Association
- WI Attorney Point of Contact, American Collectors Association
- Associate Member, Apartment Association of South Central Wisconsin
- Volunteer, State Bar of Wisconsin Lawyer Hotline
- "Kevin represented me during litigation regarding non-disclosure for a house I purchased. After multiple people referred me to Kevin, I quickly realized that he is very-well respected by both his colleagues and other real-estate professionals in the area. He is definitely worthy of his reputation; throughout my litigation I was always impressed by his professionalism, timely replies, fair pricing, and honesty. With Kevin's help, my litigation was successful and saved me thousands of dollars, and now he will be acting as my attorney for the sale of my house. Look no further if you are looking for an honest and fair attorney!" - AK
- "Attorney Kevin Trost successfully represented me in two lawsuits. He did an excellent job and is very responsive. Highly recommend." - JG
- "Our company has used Attorney Trost on several occasions to review and revise contracts between us and our clients and vendors. Attorney Trost is a great communicator, is exceedingly professional and always completes his work in a timely fashion. He has consistently provided us with excellent guidance and we would strongly recommend his services." - NK
- "Kevin is a strong advocate for the collection and credit industry. We’ve worked with Kevin for a number of years. He does his homework, is very prompt and has our back." - PK
- "I am very grateful to Kevin for representing my mother handling her legal affairs; and then later representing me, as an out-of-state client settling my mother's estate, which involved a very difficult and challenging family dynamic. I appreciated his guidance in helping me navigate all the necessary steps to close my mother's estate during that time. This has been a long journey but I am forever grateful to you, Kevin, and the work you did for us. You helped me navigate some rough waters. Thank you, Kevin!" - AA
- "Attorney Trost gets my highest accolades. I own a small business and I have hired him for a number of various projects. I can share that his attention to detail is impeccable, his follow-up is always timely, he is prompt, and he does exactly what he says he will do plus more! Kevin has terrific critical listening skills that serve him well when putting together his plan to assist his client in whatever the matter may be. Kevin gets my highest recommendation." - PK
- "Kevin is the go to attorney for real estate and residential construction disputes. He has a great deal of experience, and is the most cost effective in dealing with such cases." - RP
- "I worked with Atty Trost for several years; many of those years as managing partner of the Axley Law Firm. Atty Trost cares about his clients and the law. He is very fair in billing, gets excellent results, is respected by Judges and was the go to person for many attorneys, both at Axley and outside the firm. If you have a need for an attorney he would be my choice to help you." - JM
- "I have known Kevin Trost for over 20 years and, during that time, I have observed his qualities as both a lawyer and a person. Kevin is personable, insightful, committed to his clients and respected by the courts. Plus, he gets positive results." - PF
- "I have had the opportunity to work with Attorney Kevin Trost on a number of cases over the years. He is a skilled attorney who does an excellent job and works hard for his clients. He returns his phone calls promptly and is very professional. He is knowledgeable attorney. I would highly recommend." - JB
- "I endorse this lawyer. Kevin is an outstanding litigator and one hard working attorney." - JM
- "Kevin is a valued and trusted partner in litigation matters." - TH
- "I endorse this lawyer. I have had the pleasure of working with Kevin for many years. Kevin is smart, ethical, diligent and experienced in many areas of the law." - PC